Ubiquiti released the v3 (RC) of UniFi OS a few days ago. You can see the full changelog here.

Since my setup is quite simple and based on the community feedback, I didn’t feel the need to wait for potential bugs to be fixed and went ahead.


The title of this post is self-explanatory, but this information might be helpful to UDM users who are unsure about upgrading to v3: upgrading to v3.0.13 breaks NextDNS.

In my case, after upgrading, I realized that my devices went back to using my ISP DNS and that custom names were no longer resolving.

Fixing this issue takes two minutes: re-install the CLI client, confirm the settings and you should be good to go.

As far as I can tell, there are no other issues with NextDNS and UniFi OS v3 at this time.